Fitness exercises are most beneficial thing to do for your health, not to mention that it’s also fun. Another advantage of fitness exercises is that you don’t need any special equipment to practice it, and that you can do it with usual objects that you have around your home. These are five exercises that you can do using only a chair:
- Squats. These, done properly, are good for your back, legs, posterior and lower abdomen. To make them even more effective, you can make them while resting your palms on the back of the chair. This will make you bend your knees even more and expend more effort to get up.
- Leg raises. Another great exercise for your legs is the leg raise. Stand in front of the seat of a chair and to place your hands on the sides of the seat of the chair. Raise the right leg behind you while the left one is still on the floor; maintain it up for 10 seconds, then bring it back down and repeat. Reverse this by standing with your back to the seat of a chair and while holding the chair edges with your hands, raise the right leg until it is straight out in front of you and hold it up for 10 seconds, then lower it and repeat with the other leg.
- Push-ups. These can be easier or more difficult than the classic ones, depending on your physical activity. Use a small chair and instead of supporting your hands on the floor, support them on the bottom of the chair.
- Jumping. It is very easy to do this exercise, but you need to be really fit to do it for more than a few minutes. Simply put the chair in front of you, keep your legs together and jump on the chair, then back down.
- Side crunch. Are you trying to tone your abdomen? Then try this exercise: Keep your right palm on the back of the chair, and turn your body so that the chair is on your right side. Lift your left leg as high as you can sideways, and at the same time lower your left hand towards your toes. Repeat the exercise with each leg for 10 minutes.